Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Wishes for the New Year


I recognize that it's the middle of January, and I'm just now getting around to making a New Year's post. I suppose I should add "stop procrastinating" to my list. Maybe later...

In many ways, I feel like 2012 is the year I came into being. I published my very first short story ("Unmasked" from Halloween Heat VI), and now I've published my first novella. I feel like I'm finally starting to understand who I am and what I'm supposed to be doing. And so, in 2013, my goals and wishes are all centered on continuing that journey. Forget about losing 10 pounds or organizing the junk drawer. This year, I wish you happiness and love. 

Here are my wishes, in no particular order:

1) Always give myself permission to stay up for just one more chapter
2) Learn to cook one new dish
3) Throw out all the socks with holes in them
4) Get kissed in the rain
5) Buy a round for everyone in the bar (OK, a small bar...on a weeknight...what am I, made of money?)
6) Laugh, especially at myself
7) Watch black and white movies
8) Take more naps
9) Forgive easily
10) Love hard

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment